Bridge repair project to result in overnight closure of westbound I-94 in Jackson County
BLACK RIVER FALLS - The repair of the Castle Mound Road Bridge over I-94 south of Black River Falls in the Jackson County town of Brockway is going to result in the overnight closure of both westbound interstate lanes, so a new girder can be set in place.
The closures currently are anticipated for:
- 11 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 9 to 5 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 10.
- 11 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 10 to 5 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 11.
- 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 11 to 5 a.m. Friday, Nov. 12. (If necessary.)
During the closure, traffic will be diverted off the interstate at Millston and routed onto County O, US 12, WIS 54 and then back to the interstate.
The Castle Mound Road Bridge was struck by a backhoe being transported on I-94 by a semitrailer truck on July 24, 2020. The impact damaged the bridge girders over westbound I-94, and this project is repairing them.
- Traffic on westbound I-94 is reduced to a single lane of traffic from 6 a.m. Monday through 1 p.m. Friday, and the speed limit is reduced to 55 mph when the single-lane of traffic is in place.
- The median shoulder on eastbound I-94 is closed.
- Castle Mound Road Bridge is closed.
Construction is scheduled for completion in December.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthwest
Visit the region’s 511 website: projects.511wi.gov/region/northwest/
Motorists are reminded that using handheld cell phones in Wisconsin work zones is illegal. Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.